Support your local Hair & Beauty Salon
With another lock down now in place until possibly March many local businesses are closed and this includes hair and beauty salons. These closures will inevitably have a huge impact on the industry and the professionals. Although it has been recognised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) that the beauty industry has additional stricter procedures in place (ie. sanitising hands, cleaning routines, social distancing when possible and temperature checks, etc) the government had no choice but to close these businesses down along with, gyms and spas.
The British Beauty Council recently issued a report detailing how the government can support the UK beauty industry. The report outlined that our sector is far more crucial to the stability of the UK economy than perhaps any of us realised, not only does it provided thousands of jobs, the industry contributes 1.3% of the entire economy. The impact on peoples personal mental well being is also a concerning debate, when we look good we feel good and many of us visit our local salons to help us feel our best.
So how can we help support the industry and our local hair and beauty salons. Here are a few tips.
- Buy products directly from your salon. Strands has links to shop our brands on this website or we offer a call and collect service.
- Buy a gift voucher. With Valentines and other special occasions still coming up a gift voucher is a lovely present that the recipient has to look forward to using. All gift vouchers will be honoured for up to 12 months, (once the salon is back open)
- Leave a good review. Online reviews can be crucial so if you have never left your local salon one before then do so on google or face book. Negative reviews can seriously harm their reputation, so speak to your salon stylist first so they can put things right!
- Follow your salon on social media. Many salons like ours use social media to interact with their clients. Make sure you like and follow their pages on facebook, instagram, tic tok or you tube. Tag your friends and invite them to follow also.
- Join in with competitions and social media posts. These can be a lot of fun and help to raise awareness of your salon.
- Schedule your next appointment. Although this is not a possibility at this time once you know your salon is re-opening, get in touch and make an appointment.